Saturday, November 10, 2007

More cousins

We love being Uncle Dee & Aunt Stacey to our dear friends' kids! We have had the privilege of spending a lot of time with them lately while our friends were away for the weekend. So the Lanier house expanded to 4 children for a few days & we had a blast. Karis loved it! Being the first child, I definitely think she gets bored of looking at me! I have always loved being around and taking care of lots of kids like this. In high school, there were 2 different families of 4 that I kept regularly. It has fueled my desire for a family. And I love seeing my husband with other children. He is so good with them, playing, dancing, doing hair, and keeping them in line! It was definitely a lot of work and I see our need to grow as parents, but that will come! Our friends are such an example to us in their heart for adoption and their willingness to be a part of meeting a need for an orphan even when it's hard. The Lord has used them to increase our passion for adoption and she is a great example to me in parenting. I learn a lot from her. Here are a few snapshots of our extended family!



Big brother helping read the bedtime story




BATH TIME!




Helping Aunt Stacey around the house




Uncle Dee loves some cuddle time





Sisters




Karis loved having a playmate!

1 comment:

Spirit of Adoption said...

those pics are SO fun! I love the one of Karis Faye and Karis Anjali in the bath! : ) So FUN!!!! We love ya'll!