Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Getting Organized

I'm trying to take advantage of my 2nd trimester energy with getting organized, having a more consistent routine at home and with Karis, and getting projects done around the house before Landis is born. (By the way, if I haven't told you, that is her name...Landis Alethea Lanier - my home town :) & the Greek word for truth.)

This new chalkboard wall in my kitchen is really helping me! It's chalkboard paint with a frame around it and I love the way it turned out! I realize more and more that I am an "out of sight-out of mind" kind of person with tasks (not people.) So, having a calendar with dinner plan, a To Do list, and a shopping list right in front of me all the time really helps me stay on top of things better. It also really helps me & Dee communicate & stay connected about what's going on in our family (& he likes seeing what's for dinner!).

And here's my big list titled "Before Landis Arrives"
  • safety latches: kitchen & bathroom cabinets, china cab drawers?
  • chalkboard wall in kitchen - DONE
  • curtains & pictures back up (all done except master bedroom curtains)
  • buy toddler bed - DONE (with an offer to borrow one from a great friend!)
  • re-do closet shelving
  • organize kids' clothes (Karis' done)
  • carpet cleaned
  • garage cleaned out???
  • buy garment rack for guest closet
  • make play area in guest room
  • clean out guest dresser drawers
  • painting ceiling in kitchen
  • painting trim at entry, hall, & guest
  • dig up garden
  • get "material" for under swings
    fix gates on fence
    re-organize dee's closet
    new pediatrician?
    new insurance
    reorganize appliance cabinet
    get laundry sorter??
You know sometimes it helps just to make it public. I keep adding to this list in my head. I know my energy won't last long...I am 25 weeks into the pregnancy this week and I am starting to feel tired again. But I have a wonderful husband who hasn't minded all the projects and great friends who help me a lot!

2 comments:

nicole said...

Chalkboard turned out GREAT!!!

Unknown said...

thanks so much for the paint, girl!!