Monday, August 03, 2009

Random thoughts about prepping for the next one

It has hit me lately that I am spoiled in this stage I am in with one child who is potty trained, communicates pretty well, feeds herself, can mostly dress herself, and loves to "help". But, oh how life is about to change! And although the newborn stage with sleepless nights and lots of clothes changes due to poop & spit up can be challenging, I long to hold this precious little one and do it all over again!

I have typically tried to be consistent with Karis' schedule, getting her up at the same time every day, napping at the same time and training her to stay in her bed until we come to get her. Except the last couple months, I don't sleep too well. I find myself up sometime between 2am and 4am, checking facebook or watching random TV shows (lately ABC world news or Orange County Choppers). So, I sleep as long as I can with no alarm and as long as Karis will stay in her bed content, which can sometimes go until 8:30 or 9. (I know! I know! Landis may not sleep like this at all!)

So, this morning, I really wanted to enjoy a Starbucks biscotti that our dear friend Christy gave me before Karis got up. So, I didn't get Karis up until she stirred and enjoyed a little quiet time with my coffee, biscotti, and computer. Because in case you haven't been around Karis in a while, any waking moment with her is a talking moment! She sits here now in front of her cereal bowl, chatting away!! I know you may be laughing, but oh does it drain me by the end of the day!!

I am "feeling" the imminent arrival of Landis coming on quickly. So, in the next couple days, I will...
  • pack hospital bags
  • wash the covers to all the baby gear (bassinet, car seat, bouncy seat, crib bumper, etc)
  • bake 3-4 loaves of banana bread
  • make 2 extra meatloaves
  • make 2-3 extra batches of pizza dough
We'll see what I get accomplished in between all the chatter :) and having to sit down to rest throughout the day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to help! I want to help! I really do want to come through on my many promises to help you so if there's a day this week that I could, please tell me! All that cooking sounds fun!

And how in the world did you make those pretty little bullet points???

jennifer said...

Stacy it is a fun time with a newborn and a toddler!! Time flies much faster, I can't believe that Finn is already one! Sending some labor vibes you way!!