Friday, August 21, 2009

Whate'er My God Ordains is Right

We sang this song at church Sunday and it spoke to my heart SO much. It is a very simple old hymn without a lot of musical frills. We have great music at Christ Central, I mean GREAT. We have amazing talent in the musicians in instruments and song-writing & those worship times constantly stir my heart to worship. We listen to Christ Central music in our house almost every day & never tire of it! This song however, was very simple, almost unimpressive, but the words pierced my heart and the Lord spoke to me.

Whate'er my God ordains is right, Holy His will abideth.
I will be still whate'er He does, And follow where He guideth.
He is y God, Though dark my road.
He holds me that I shall not fall wherefore to Him I leave it all.

Whate'er my God ordains is right, He never will deceive me
He leads me by the proper path, I know He will not leave me
I take, content What He hath sent
His hand can turn my griefs away And patiently I wait His day

Whate'er my God ordains is right, Though now this cup in drinking
May bitter seem to my faint heart, I take it all unshrinking
My God is true, Each morn anew
Sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart And pain and sorrow shall depart

Whate'er my God ordains is right, Here shall my stand be taken
Though sorrow, need, or death be mine, yet I am not forsaken
My Fathers care is round me there
He holds me that I shall not fall And so to Him I leave it all.


This is so good for me whether I am waiting for a baby or trying to pay a bill. I need to be content and know that whatever my God has ordained is right.

UPDATE:
Then I read this today in a book about a totally unrelated topic...
"Viewing life through God's sovereignty and goodness is seeing every tiny detai as arranged for you by God. There is no such thing as fate, luck, or chance. God has purpose in your every circumstance. ... God is in control whether you like it or not!
It will help motivate you when you think "Lord, what do you have planned for me today? You are good, and You do all things well. ..." As you view your life through God's sovereignty and goodness, you will be continuously aware of God's purpose and grace in your life. And you will become more motivated to want to please God."
Martha Peace, The Excellent Wife

hmmm...The Lord really is aiming to teach me and direct my heart to be more content. I should listen. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this...it helped my heart this morning.

Anonymous said...

What a great word... God is calling me in so many ways with this same message. And, I am being such a slow learner I need to hear it in many different ways :) I am enjoying seeing your blog!

Julie Wagner